pre christmas dinner menu
Pre Christmas dinner menu 2017 3courses £30
Available Tuesday-Friday, 5th December-22nd
With our compliments; hummus and salsa, seeded crackers, olive oil, Morag’s fresh bread
• Chinese roast pork belly, pak-choi, rice noodle, pineapple salsa, toasted seeds
• Roast fig,goats cheese, pinenuts,carrot chutney, salad,balsamic dressing (V)
• Shredded duck salad , cucumber , spring onion, caramelised pecans, plum dressing
• Steamed asparagus, poached egg, hollandaise, parmesan shaving
• Spiced prawns; curry, coconut, and coriander, mini popadums.
• 3 way salmon; citrus cured, rilletttes, fritters, melba toast, hollandaise
• Roast squash, parsnip and apple soup with toasted pumpkin seeds. (V)
• Thai sweet-potato cakes with chillies and coriander, sweet corn salsa. (V)
MAIN COURSES served with fresh steamed vegetables and potato selection
• Pan-fried lemon sole, prawns in garlic herb butter.
• Veggie hotpot, roast parsnips,sweet potato, carrots, cheesy potato topping, spiced red cabbage, minted peas
• Beef fillet, black pudding , beetroot red onion salad, horseradish dressing
• Seared salmon, coconut, chilli, rice noodle and pakchoi
• “Veggie xmas”; Nut roast en croute, carrot purée, crispy vegetarian haggis
• Creamy fish pie: hake,prawns, smoked salmon, minted peas and lettuce
• Roast turkey, apricot and pecan stuffing, mulled cranberry sauce, sherry gravy, kilted sausages, bread sauce.
• Lancashire lamb hotpot with Christmas spiced red cabbage
• Peanut butter, banoffee flan, chocolate fudge ice cream
• Lavender honey pannacotta ,with raspberries and toasted oat cranachan
• Sticky toffee xmas pudding; dates, apple carrot, toffee sauce, toffee apple ice cream.
• Black forest chocolate torte, cherry sauce, soured cream
• Pannattoni bread and butter pudding , spiced cranberries,white chocolate
• Chocolate cup, mango and raspberry sorbets, fresh fruits.
• Guddle; crushed meringue, strawberries, cream, raspberry sauce.
• Pear tart tatin, gooseberry and geranium ice-cream
• Selection of cheese and biscuits served with homemade plum chutney.
Seasonal Scottish Cocktails
Ian can mix most any drink to suit your taste from a Dirty Martini to
An Old Fashioned or a spicy Bloody Mary.
For something a little different, here are a few suggestions, many made with Morag’s own fresh fruit liqueurs
Seasonal Scottish cocktails
Blaeberry sloe sling; homemade blaeberry gin, eden-mill gin, lime,mint sparkling elderflower and grape juice; based on gin sling
Highland mojito; Bacardi, lime, vineleaf raspberry liqueur, soda , mint
;based on classic mojito
Burntisland iced tea; gin, vodka, rum, drambuie,coke ;
based on long island iced tea
Hoos yer doos; Tequila, grapefruit,lime,soda,mint;
based on paloma Blanca or white dove
on the green; midori , dry ginger ale and fresh lime
haar on the beach; vodka, peach schnapps,cranberry,orange,
based on sex on the beach
prosecco sparklers £6
rhubarb fizz; Edinburgh rhubarb and ginger liqueur , prosecco
lemon sherbet ; vineleaf limoncello , prosecco
Raspberry spritz; vineleaf raspberry liqueur, prosecco
Winter warmers £7
Apple ginger mist; drambuie, cider, green ginger,
Warm woolly sheep; whisky, honey, drambuie, warm frothy milk
Ski lift; peach schnapps , Malibu, hot chocolate
For three decades husband and wife team Ian and Morag Hamilton have been delighting discerning diners looking for a homely,
personal experience in one of Europe’s finest historic towns.