Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/vineleafstandrews.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/food-and-drink-menu/views/View.Menu.class.php on line 286
Ian's passion and enthusiasm for fine wine has ensured the wine list is every bit as inspiring as Morag's menus.
By personally sourcing many wines from top quality vineyards and winemakers around the world,
Ian and Morag have personally followed the life of their wines from vine to glass making many friends along the way.
Choose from our extensive cellar
Red Wines from Europe
1. ST EMILION-MONTAGNE, Chateau Treytins 2008 £29.50
Beautifully ripe, dark berry fruit characterises this wine. Medium bodied with a soft, supple style and warm, savoury finish.
2. HAUT MEDOC CRU BOURGEOIS, 2008 £28.00
Chateau Lamothe Cissac
A traditional style of Bordeaux that has elegance and savoury fruit in abundance. Medium bodied with well integrated tannins and cedary oak flavours on a long, Complex finish
3. LALANDE DE POMEROL, Chateau de Garraud 2006 £40.00
A rich, plummy red made from predominantly Merlot grapes. Soft velvety tannins and well balanced, fleshy fruit are complimented by well integrated oak influence.
4. ST EMILION Grand Cru, Château Ferrand 2006 £39.00
Expertise shines through in every silky-smooth glassful of this seductive red. Made from a blend rich in Merlot, this sumptuous red is beaming with ripe, red berry fruit. Packed with juicy dark-berried fruit it is smooth, soft and easy to drink. A wonderful window into the great wines of St Emilion.
5. ST ESTEPHE, Château Haut Baradieu, 2009 £70.00
From arguably one of the finest Bordeaux vintages in the last 20 years this St Estephe has a reticent nose with touches of black olive and graphite. The soft supple palate shows fleshy black fruits and licks of toasty oak.
6. CÔTES DU RHÔNE, 'Point de Folie, Val de Garrigue 2013 £22.00
This classic Côtes du Rhône has a nose of red fruit aromas, morello cherries and wild strawberries. The palate is loaded with ripe dark, spicy and berry fruit. With an elegant structure, it is soft, round and mouthfilling.
7. GIGONDAS, 'Le Rêve du Monstre Noir', £36.00
Val de Garrigue 2011
Rich ruby-purple in colour, this wine has a elegant and powerful nose with aromas of strawberry jam and black pepper. The palate is generous with warm berry fruits and hints of dried herbs .
8. CHATEAUNEUF DU PAPE, Cuvée du Pape Jean XX, 2012 £39.00
Full-bodied and concentrated yet holds on nicely to its elegance. Long and round with a generous finish.
9. FLEURIE, “Les Roches du Vivier”, Domaine Berrod 2013 £29.00
A youthful yet well concentrated Beaujolais displaying juicy violet and raspberry fruit with a pleasantly savoury edge. Rounded and soft with an elegant, silky finish.
10. RULLY 1ER CRU CLOS DU CHAPITRE ROUGE, Domaine Jaeger-Defaix 2012 £39.00
Crimson red in colour, with aromas of bramble fruit. Fresh and lively on the palate, with ripe red berry fruit, notes of chocolate and spice, with a long finish and supple tannins. Fine, elegant and structured, the Clos du Chapitre shows the very Burgundian style of Pinot Noir.
11. SANTENAY 1ER CRU GRAVIÉRES, Lucien Muzart et fils 2011 £47.00
This delicious Pinot is produced from organically grown grapes on vines of over 50 years old. This results in wines with great concentration and varietal definition. The palate is generous and supple with plenty of scented violet, cherry and wild strawberry fruit - all backed up with savoury, creamy tannins and a lengthy finish.
12. MONTEPULCIANO D'Abruzzo Zero, Collefrisio 2012 £22.00
This is a rich, deeply savoury, complex version of that old Italian classic. Packed with ample dark, herby black fruits with hints of spice and smoke.
13. BARBERA D’ASTI DOCG ‘La Villa’, Olim Bauda 2013 £23.00
A rich concentrated nose of cherries and red fruits, the palate is generous and full bodied with balancing acidity.
Ribera del Duero, Spain
14. CUVÉE DE CAÏR, Luici & Begona, Dominio de Caïr 2011 £26.00
Spain Deep solid ruby garnet. The nose is intense with good balance between fruit and oak with nuances of chocolate, leather and cedar. A meaty palate with very sweet tannins and a long lingering finish.
15. RIOJA CRIANZA, Bodegas Luis Cañas 2011 £26.00
Intense spice and oak on layers of velvety cherry fruit and a slight hint of licquorice. Smooth round tannins.
16. RIOJA RESERVA, Bodegas Luis Canas 2010 £29.00
Produced from the finest vintages, Luis Canas Reserva is aged in oak to give a mellow but complex and full flavoured red.
17. RIOJA GRAN RESERVA, Bodegas Luis Canas 2007 £42.00
After extended maturation in oak barrels and then in bottle, Gran Reserva Riojas display the type of maturity, elegance and character that the region is famed for. Great depth of flavour combined with ripe, sweet fruit and subtle, spicy wood hints makes for a truly remarkable wine.
18. OLD VINE GARNACHA La Multa, El Escoces Volante 2013 £19.50
There aren’t many Scotsmen making wine in Calatayud but Norrel Robertson MW is a bit of a maverick! Punching well above its weight, Norrel’s Garnacha made from gnarly old vines is rich, concentrated but well balanced with huge, ripe berry fruit, lots of spice and sweet oak and long rich finish.
Red Wines from far off lands
19. SHIRAZ, ‘The Cunning Plan’ Thistledown 2013 £24.00
Great depth of lush black fruits coupled with a floral, succulent palate, hints of blueberry and spice.
20. CABERNET SHIRAZ, The Musician, Majella 2011 £25.00
Using the same fabulous fruit that goes into the much revered Majella Cabernets and Shiraz, Musician is younger, more fruit driven version using a little less new oak. Very much in the mould of it’s big brothers
with crisp, blackcurrant, eucalypt and mint on the nose followed by a huge whack of juicy, savoury fruit on the palate. This is pure Coonawarra at a bargain price – awesome!
Marlborough, New Zealand
21. PINOT NOIR, Sherwood Estate 2013 £26.00
Sourced from different vineyard sites exclusively for Sherwood, the wine is vinified separately and then aged in oak. Vibrant colours, cherry and plum character. Medium bodied.
Elgin, South Africa
22. PINOT NOIR, Mr P, Iona 2013 £24.00
South Africa Mr P knows Pinot – yes, he certainly does, dark cherries and concentrated strawberries, laced with violet notes and all wrapped up in velvety soft, silky tannins – a real treat!
Stellenbosch, South Africa
23. CABERNET FRANC DOLOMITE, Raats Family Wines 2013 £23.00
South Africa Ripe blueberry fruit, good tannin structure and a beautifully perfumed aromas.
24. “Q” TEMPRANILLO, Familia Zuccardi 2011 £32.00
The top wine from our Santa Rosa range and a clear warning to other countries that Argentina is serious about making quality wine. Huge concentration of ripe strawberry and plum laden fruit. Clever use of oak
and a long, long finish.
25. MALBEC, Serie A, Familia Zuccardi 2013 £24.00
Argentina’s Malbec is a great partner with the steaks that have made Argentina a gastronomic destination. This wine, made from lower yielding grapes, is concentrated and rich yet supple and appealing. Lots of ripe, plumy fruit character with hints of spice and mocha.
26. CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Armador 2012 £23.00
Juicy and rich with round tannins, a touch of coffee and chocolate and a long finish.
27. CARMÉNÈRE RESERVA, Nostros 2013 £19.90
Carménère is originally from Bordeaux but has found a new home in Chile where it makes wines somewhere between Merlot and Cabernet but with a little more peppery spice character. Nostros Reserva has concentrated, plummy fruit, touches of chocolate and spice and a long velvety finish.
28. CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Eberle Vineyard Selection 2012 £31.00
Eberle’s Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced from a number of top sites, all of which produce concentrated, low yielding fruit. The result is a deep, rich but balanced Cab with heaps of cassis, leather and ápice on the nose. The palate is structured, silky smooth and filled with black olive, cassis and cassis fruit.
Seafood Friendly Wines
29. MUSCADET, Côtes de Grandlieu, Sur Lie, 'La Roche' Blanche, Domaine Des Herbauges 2013 £19.90
With a deep, golden colour, this is a charming, full-bodied, Muscadet with minerality, honey and grapefruit.
30. PICPOUL DE PINET, Domaine de Montredon 2013 £22.00
Crisp, mineral and simply perfect with simple seafood. Delicate exotic fruit on the nose and fresh acidity on the finish.
31. ALBARIÑO, Lagar de Bouza 2013 £24.00
Aromas of crushed orange blossom, citrus fruit with strong underlying minerality and zesty lime on the finish.
White Wines of Europe
32. CHABLIS 1ER CRU 'Mont de Milieu', Domaine Grossot 2012 £39.00
This is 1er cru Chablis as it should taste. It shows incredible fruit purity and a real stony, mineral character.
33. CHASSAGNE MONTRACHET 1er CRU, “Les Vergers”,
Domaine Fernand et Laurent Pillot 2012 £68.00
An elegant Chardonnay with crisp, lemony fruit over laid with subtle toasty oak flavours. Well balanced with great depth of flavour and complexity coupled with appealing fruit and good length.
34. ST VERAN, Domaine de Fussiacus 2013 £28.00
A particularly rich example from an often overlooked appellation. Fragrant and fresh yet well rounded with subtle peachy fruit and touches of mineral character.
35. RULLY 1er CRU BLANC Mont Palais,
Domaine Jaeger Defaix 2012 £39.00
A richly textured white from the south of the Burgundy region. Well rounded with honeyed apple fruit overlaid with integrated toasty oak character and a long complex finish.
36. SANCERRE BLANC “Le Chene Marchand”,
Domaine Crochet 2014 £34.00
A complex, concentrated example of Sancerre with well balanced, crisp gooseberry and blackcurrant fruit overlaid with hints of honey and mineral. The finish is elegant and long with tinges of flint and ripe apple.
37. POUILLY FUME, "Les Loges", Domaine Marchand 2013 £29.00
A complex, concentrated example of Pouilly Fume with well balanced, crisp gooseberry and blackcurrant fruit overlaid with hints of citrus and mineral. The finish is elegant and long with tinges of flint and ripe apple.
38. CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE BLANC, Le Deuxieme Jeudi,
Val de Garrigue, 2012 £41.00
Gold with greenish glints, an expressive nose of fresh citrus, apricots and some floral notes. On the palate, a perfect balance which combines richness, minerality and fresh acidity in equal measure. 'Le Deuxieme Jeudi', 'The 2nd Thursday' is an homage to the Pope who declared two Thursdays in his week
to avoid abstaining from alcohol on the Friday.
39. GEWURZTRAMINER RESERVE, Caves J B Adam 2013 £27.00
A typical Gewurztraminer nose of tropical fruits and flowers followed by a rich, honeyed concoction of lychees, guava and a little spice on the palate.
40. RIESLING, Max Ferdinand Richter 2013 £21.00
Green apple nose, citrussy, racy, lean and zesty taste, well balanced fruit and acid, slate stone character; zesty, balanced medium sweet style of wine.
41. VERDEJO, Silga 2014 £21.00
Vibrant green fruit aromas with hints of citrus fruit on the nose and palate. Clean, zesty finish.
42. RIOJA JOVEN BLANCO, Bodegas Luis Canas 2013 £19.50
A youthful, vibrantly crisp white made from Rioja’s Viura grape variety. Attractive, lemon character with a well rounded finish of melon and pineapple.
43. PINOT GRIGIO, Priara, Pradio 2013 £22.00
This Estate grown Pinot Grigio bursts into the mouth with delicious floral, pear and honeysuckle notes, offering so much more character and depth than some. Lovely texture and balanced citrus on the finish pulls this into a perfectly formed wine.
44. SOAVE, Latium Morini 2014 £24.00
Light crisp and refreshing white. Delicate, citrusy, dry with almondy and mineraly finish.
45. GRUNER VELTLINER, Federspiel Terrassen 2013 £23.00
A perfect and versatile food wine. Delicious, marked white pepper, grapefruit and citrus aromas, elegant and long on the palate.
White Wines from far away
Eden Valley, Australia
46. CHARDONNAY, “The Great Escape” Thistledown 2012 £21.00
Aromas of white peach, delicious apple and cashew nut. The peach aromas follows through onto the palate, the combination of the wine being left on its lees and a proportion in oak for six months resulted in a wine with a creamy mouth feel. Delicious.
47. VIOGNIER, Santa Rosa 2013 £19.90
Santa Rosa were one of the first wineries in Argentina to produce Viognier and it has been a massive hit. Well balanced, with crisp acidity and measured alcohol. Apricot fruit dominates with just a touch of spice.
Paso Robles, California
48. CHARDONNAY, Eberle Estate Bottled 2013 £33.00
This classic Californian chardonnay comes from the Central Californian coastal region of Paso Robles. It is deliciously rich and rounded with ripe melon and apricot fruit overlaid with spicy oak.
Elgin, South Africa
49. SAUVIGNON BLANC, Iona 2014 £25.00
A wonderfully aromatic nose showing fine mineral notes, hints of herbs, leaves and a touch of gooseberry fruit.
50. CHENIN BLANC ORGINAL, Raats 2013 £21.00
Packed with succulent flavours of apple, pineapple and citrus with hints of ginger, honeysuckle and orange blossom and a lovely minerality. Bright and tasty it is made without any oak to preserve the grape’s “original” vibrant fresh fruit character.
Marlborough, New Zealand
51. SAUVIGNON BLANC, Zephyr 2013 £28.00
An extraordinary new Marlborough based producer that relies on some superb vineyards (previously used for Cloudy Bay and Wither Hills) and the winemaking expertise of the Glover family (Ben is head winemaker for Wither Hills). Intensely aromatic with amazing aromas of guava, mango, passion fruit, asparagus and grass which lead through to a palate of richly textured, green tropical fruits. Stunning.
Bekka Valley, Lebanon
52. MUSCAT/SAUVIGNON/SEMILLION, Source Blanche Château Ka, 2012 £26.00
A little unusual blend creates this exceptionally satisfying wine. Floral and citrussy with great depth of character.
53. SYRAH ROSE, Santa Rosa 2013 £19.50
Oh so gluggable! With bags of succulent strawberry and raspberry fruit, summer pudding in a glass.
Wines with Pudding
54. CÔTEAUX DU LAYON, Domaine Baumard 2012 £17.90 (37.5cl btl)
A very attractive honeyed nose, with lifted yellow fruits and more golden tropical elements such as mango, guava and pineapple. It has a particularly tropical character and a very fresh feel on the palate, with steely minerality and a zippy background acidity giving invigorating tartness to keep the wine luscious and buoyant. The rounded, approachable finish has good length.
55. TORRONTES TARDIO, Familia Zuccardi 2013 £18.90 (50cl Bottle)
A delicate sweet wine with pear, apricots and citrus aromas. It will drive your taste buds nuts with fresh fruit and honey flavours.
Sparkling & Champagne
56. VEUVE CLICQUOT "Yellow Label" N/V £69.00
One of the best and most consistent non-vintages. Nice depth of flavour and good character.
57. CHAMPAGNE PIERRE MIGNON,
Grande Réserve, Premier Cru N/V £42.00
A crisp, well balanced Champagne with citrus hints on Half Btl £23.00
the nose overlaid with touches of brioche and yeastiness.
58. RABOSO ROSÉ, Frizzante, Casa Defra N/V £21.00
An abundance of raspberry notes on the nose & palate, this sparkler will see you through all occasions.
59. PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOC, Passaparola, Pradio, Italy £25.00
Delicious sparkler with aromatic pear and apple flavours, crisp palate. Perfect for any occasion.
** Please Note: Vintages are updated every 2 months; however there may
be instances where the current vintage does not
correspond with the printed vintage. **
COTEAUX DU LAYON, Domaine Des Baumard £17.90
MEDIUM RICH MADEIRA - Blandey's Duke of Cumberland £3.00
TORRONTES TARDIO, Familia Zuccardi £18.90
Most Liqueurs Available
ALL LARGE MEASURES - £3.00
• RUBY PORT £3.00
• TAWNY PORT £3.50
• LATE BOTTLED VINTAGE PORT £4.50
• PORT PIPE £3.75
Many Others Available - Please Ask
• ISLAY - Bowmore (10 years) £3.90
• LOWLAND - Glenturret (12 years) £3.90
• HIGHLAND - MacAllan (10 years) £3.90
• ORKNEY - Highland Park (12 years) £3.90
COGNACS & BRANDIES
• PIERRE FERRAND - Grande Champagne (20 years) £5.00
• ARMAGNAC CERBOIS R.P. £3.50
• CALVADOS DARON FINE £3.50
• ST ANDREWS ALE 500ml Bottle £4.95
• PERONI 330ml Bottle £3.95
• BECKS 300ml Bottle £3.90
• CARLSBERG 330ml Bottle £3.95
• KIR CASSIS Dry White wine & Blackcurrant Liqueur £3.75
• KIR FRAISES Dry White wine & Strawberry Liqueur £3.75
• KIR ROYALE Sparkling Wine & Blackcurrant Liqueur £6.00
• PIMMS Perfect Summer Cocktail £6.50
• WHITE PORT Delightful, fruity fortified aperitif £3.50
Nice & Soft
• FRESHLY SQUEEZED ORANGE JUICE £2.00
• SPARKLING ELDERFLOWER £2.00
• LEMONGRASS & GINGER PRESSIE £2.00
175ml Glass £5.00
75cl Bottle £18.90
½ ltr Carafe £14.90
• SAUVIGNON BLANC, Nostros - Chile (Dry)
• CHARDONNAY, Montsable - France (Medium Dry)
• RIESLING, Rhine - Germany (Medium Sweet)
• MERLOT, Costa Vera - Chile (Medium Full Bodied)
• CARIGNAN VIEILLES VIGNES, Mont Rocher - France (Medium Bodied/Lighter)
• ROSÉ PIERRE ET PAPA, Herault - France
All house wines are also available by 125ml measure